Friday, November 6, 2009

Week #45: Titus 2:11-12

Week of November 8-14

"For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men. It teaches us to say "No" to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age" [Titus 2:11-12]

CHALLENGE:

"..while we wait for the blessed hope—the glorious appearing of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good." [Titus 2:13-14]

NOTE: I encourage you to grab a commentary this week and to study the content and context of this whole chapter. Press on!

2 comments:

cturkett said...

Tiffany, in my small group at church we have been discussing scripture memorization and imagine my delight when I found you on-line with some great ideas for just the thing we'd been thinking we needed to do. To make a long story short, the combination of me finding your site, a guest preacher preaching last week and mentioning the fact that we Methodists aren't too good at bible drills, and another member of my group pushing us into trying it as well as the idea that it will help us mentally as well as spiritually made us decide to try it. I hope it's ok with you for us to read your blog for ideas. etc. I am sharing your site with some of the others in our group so that they can get inspired as I have been!

Hope this note finds you well? Jenna looks like she's growing up--just as beautiful as she was as a first grader. Please know that I truly enjoy reading...I hope that you and your friend have much success with your marathon!

Your friend,
Cheryl Turkett

Tiffany Daniels said...

Hi Cheryl!
So thrilled to have you reading my blog! Yes, it's for all!
Great to hear from you-
Keep in touch,
Tiffany

PS-We completed the marathon today!
To God be the glory!