Monday, November 23, 2009

JUST DO IT!

As Thanksgiving approaches, the typical "stresses" seem to take front and center in my life: (and I have heard some of you wrestle with this, too! ) clean the house for out-of-town company, prepare lots of food, provide entertainment for the family, and the list goes on....

Let's take a different approach this week, OK? Let me tell you what I am striving to do. For each significant work I do for my own family, I want to do something equally as labor intensive and intentional for someone else. Let me share how that plays out in my life.

Our family will go to Mission Arlington on Thanksgiving morning to serve the needy. A friend's child will have surgery tomorrow and I will pray for and visit this family. Several of my friends answered the call to purge their closets of unused winter coats/clothes and we will share them with those who are lacking warm clothes.

Please understand me, I am not trying to "toot my own horn", but to challenge you, my sweet friends, to stop and think about what is really important this holiday season. Be intentional! Don't stress! Be"doers"of the Word.

How will you apply James 1:22 to your life this week?

Press on friends!
Tiffany

P.S.
This summer, I read one of the best books I have read in a long time: The Hole in Our Gospel by Richard Stearns, the CEO of World Vision. It changed my life.

1 comment:

da momma said...

I think Im going to try and bake banana bread or brownies for different neighbors over the next few weeks...and enclose some encouraging scriptures...