Saturday, April 18, 2009

Week #16: Psalm 16: 7-8

Week of April 19-25

"I will praise the LORD, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me.
I have set the LORD always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken."
[Psalm 16:7-8]

For an extra challenge, add the next two verses:
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure, because you will not abandon me to the grave, nor will you let your Holy One see decay. [Psalm 16: 9-10]

NOTE:
The Psalms were written by at least seven authors (of which David is the most notable.) The book of Psalms spans one thousand years of Israel's rich history-from the time of Moses to the return from exile in Babylonia. The word psalm comes from a Greek word meaning "a song sung to the accompaniment of a plucked instrument." Used as the Temple hymnbook, the Psalms express the diversity of human emotion-praise to God in good times, fear of enemies in bad times, and an overriding confidence in God's goodness, majesty and power.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tiffany for the verses and the encouragement. I am back and rehearsing!-Kristin