Thursday, April 9, 2009

Running in the Rain

This morning I headed out to run. The clouds were becoming darker and five minutes into my run, it started to rain. Initially, I thought "this is a bummer"! I had geared up to run a couple miles and now there is a rain cloud hanging over me!

God brought to mind the perfect spiritual illustration for my past week or two of scripture memory. The circumstances and events of living life have "clouded" my weeks and I have felt a little overwhelmed with the "rain" of life. Why does it have to rain on me now?

I had to make a choice: keep running or turn back. I chose to keep running. And wouldn't you know...that God turned those raindrops into a sweet time of refreshment! The coolness of the rain on my face and the realization that our faithful God is replenishing the earth with much needed water.

Sometimes we read the WORD and study simply out of the discipline God has called us to. But then, it becomes like a sweet refreshment to our souls and the blessing is ours! Isn't God good?

Press on friends!
(A little wet) Tiffany

2 comments:

da momma said...

cute & beautiful story! thanksmachemo 4 sharing

Roach Momma said...

Great reminder! Thanks :)