Saturday, September 26, 2009

Week #39: Ephesians 2:8-10

Week of September 27-October 3

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast." [Ephesians 2:8-9]

"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." [Ephesians 2:10]

NOTE:
If you have never memorized this central verse of the spiritual life, you may want to start with verses 8 and 9. If you are familiar with this verse, challenge yourself to get verses 8 and 9 "word perfect" and add verse 10.

Press on friends!

2 comments:

da momma said...

For Verses 8&9 I capatalized GRACE, SAVED, FAITH, GIFT OF GOD (we are not Saved by OUR good works...however...we are created IN HIM to DO good works, which have already been prepared for us in advance...they are all around us, everyday!
My "Experiencing God Bible" has Questions before you read something and then notes after you read it.
The Question before these verses is "What are we created for?" (created in Christ Jesus TO DO GOOD WORKS, which God prepared in advance for us TO DO) And the "did you notice" afterwards says..."Created IN CHRIST you have good works TO DO for HIM!"
It's truly as simple as that! Good one Tiffany! Thank you!
(DID YALL KNOW IF YOU CHECK the box below you can be emailed everyone elses comments? Lets all share and see what helps eachother with these)

Marcy W said...

Regarding this week's verse:
The two words I think of are:

Insignificant
Jesus is the one who has done a miraculous work in me; I don't like to think where I would be without Him...my attempt to make a way with God would have been fruitless.... and the way I would have spent my life would have been insignificant I would have misused my time and the opportunities I had to make an impact would have been for the here and now.

Significant...Because of Jesus' presence in my life as my Savior and Lord, He has prepared me for specific tasks and will help me to complete those things that will make an impact on the world around me...because of Him...the works that I do, that He has prepared for me to do...are significant...not just for now but for all eternity..

Now that is motivating to meditate on and a reason to number my days...to make the most of my time for the days are evil.