Thursday, September 17, 2009

Temptation

Today I met with two of the gals who are doing scripture memory with us. As we typically do, we focused on a recent verse and what it has meant to us personally. Today, we talked about
I Corinthians 10:13 ("No temptation has seized you except what is common to man...")

As my day would have it, I was "ultra-scheduled" due to several meetings and other commitments. But, as GOD would have it, He redirected my steps. I was "interrupted" with a phone call from a friend whom I had not heard from in a while. Though I had been tempted to move on with my day and adhere strictly to my schedule, the Lord prompted me to stop what I was doing, to literally pull over, turn off my car and answer the "unknown number." It should come as no surprise that God showed up in that phone call. By my obedience to turn from temptation (the temptation to let the call go to voicemail and call back later), God blessed me.

Temptation comes in all forms. I am often tempted with the busyness of life...the seemingly urgent things on my calendar tend to override the still, quiet moments that the Lord would so graciously provide to meditate on His word and to fix truth firmly in my heart.

"..but when you are tempted, He will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." [I Corinthians 10:13]

Always be looking for your "way out." There is blessing in His provision!

Press on friends!
Tiffany

No comments: