Saturday, June 27, 2009

Week #26: Joel 2:28

Week of June 28-July 4

"And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. " [Joel 2:28]


NOTE: The fulfillment of this prophesy is found in Acts 2:17 by Peter at Pentecost:

"Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: 'Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. These men are not drunk, as you suppose. It's only nine in the morning! No, this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel: "In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams."'"(Acts 2:14-17)

No comments: