Sunday, February 21, 2010

Revelation Song

Today in church, we sang Revelation Song (one of my favorites). But, this morning, it took on an even deeper meaning in light of our readings the past few weeks about the tabernacle, sacrifices and the holiness of God. I have posted the lyrics below.

Revelation Song

Worthy is the, Lamb who was slain
Holy, Holy, is He
Sing a new song, to him who sits on
Heaven's mercy seat

Holy, Holy, Holy Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was, and is, and is to come
With all creation I sing Praise to the King of Kings
You are my everything And I will adore You

Clothed in rainbows, of living color
Flashes of lightning, rolls of thunder
Blessing and honor, strength and glory and power be
to You the only wise King

Holy, Holy, Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was, and is, and is to come
With all creation I sing
Praise to the King of Kings
You are my everything
And I will adore You

Filled with wonder, awestruck wonder
At the mention of your name
Jesus your name is power
Breath, and living water
Such a marvelous mystery

Holy, Holy, Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was, and is, and is to come
With all creation I sing
Praise to the King of Kings
You are my everything
And I will adore You

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love Deuteronomy chapter 4! The language and emotion of Moses' words to the people about what God has done for them is so powerful. What other god(s) has done such things as ours?! It reminds us of God's power and might, along with His great love for His people- us. If He can do such great things for the Israelites, what more can He and will He do for us?
My new favorite verse- 39 "Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other."
There is no other- what else needs to be said?

da momma said...

worship yesterday was making my knees shake! The songs, the words...the lesson...We are in a good place right now! The Holy Spirit is speaking...I feel Him, I understand Him, He is With US!!! "Holy Holy Holy Lord God Almighty! God in three persons, blessed trinity!"

Yia Yia said...

What a beautiful song! I wish I could hear it.

Alison said...

I LOVE that song. When I'm driving down the street and hear it, I almost have to pull over! When we sang it at the Chip Ingram thing, it felt so holy in that room, I figured everyone must feel it... which I guess isn't surprising since it includes the words the angels repeat to God in Revelation!

You can listen to the Phillips Craig & Dean version (my favorite) on their MySpace page, where it's currently the featured song. Scroll down to the music player on the right and click the little arrow icon to play it. You can also play a Gateway Worship verion online--I think they wrote it. Or you can search YouTube for it, or better yet, buy it from iTunes on lala.com. :-)

the Asian said...

Today, we met and had a great discussion! I want to encourage those that have missed some days of reading. Jump in where we are now or start in Deut. Another suggestion, by Angela was to read the summaries at the beginning of the books to have an idea of what is going on.

In the beginning, it was just Tiffany and I. I wondered if there was a correlation between the land of "milk and honey" and the endangered bees of today- if it is part of Biblical prophecy. I found this link. Read it and let's see what you think of it.

Missing Bees, Cell Phones and Fulfillment of Bible Prophecy - Christian Newswire
http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/27552961.htm

God is the same: yesterday, today and tomorrow!

Press on! Laura