Saturday, August 29, 2009

Week #35: Romans 1:16-17

Week of August 30-September 5

"I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith." " [Romans 1:16-17]


Challenge: Memorize this straightforward and simple way to present the gospel:
1) PROBLEM: We are born sinners. (Romans 3:23)
2) CONSEQUENCE: The penalty of sin is death. (Romans 6:23)
3) SOLUTION: Christ died for us. (Romans 5:8)
4) ACTION: We must respond in faith. (Romans 10:9-10)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this Challenge, Tiffany! Thanks for equipping us with the gospel!

Gayle Clark

Roach Momma said...

Tiffany,
I just read this today and was taken aback. So many of the points of this verse echo back to my story which is fresh in my head from writting it out this week. God is really speaking to me to press on in my beliefs and encouraging me that I made the best decision ever - to put my faith in Him.
Thanks! :)