Saturday, March 21, 2009

Week #12: I Chronicles 28:20

Week of March 22-28

[David also said to Solomon his son,] (optional)

"Be strong and courageous, and do the work. Do not be afraid or discouraged, for the LORD God, my God, is with you. " [I Chronicles 28:20]


NOTE: David's final words to Solomon reflect the same wholehearted devotion to God that he first expressed as a youthful shepherd in the pasturelands of Judea. With the dream of his heart (building a temple) entrusted to his son and the tokens of God's blessing all around him, David died " at a good old age, having enjoyed long life, wealth and honor. His son Solomon succeeded him as king. "(I Chronicles 29:28)

5 comments:

da momma said...

i like this one! thanks! Ill try to get some signs together for us but this last week has been crazy

Anonymous said...

Yikes- I am two weeks behind but I plan to get caught up. I made a book with my verses and I am determined to bring God's words into my heart and life. Thanks again for urging and encouraging me.

the Asian said...

This doesn't have anything to do with the verse, just blogging...
As I was praying last week, the Lord really impressed upon me to learn the verse, word for word; not just the "general" idea. What came to mind was when the serpent was saying to Eve, "You will not SURELY die." Just by adding that one word caused doubt and question into her mind. The rest is history.
So, let's continue to press on and be diligent in memorizing His Word! We might miss out on what He is really trying to say to us, if we don't!
Blessings! Laura

Tiffany Daniels said...

Great insight!
Thanks Laura!

Tiffany

The Porter Family said...

That was really great insight, Laura. Thank you for sharing it with us.
This verse and last week's verse have really spoken to me. Especially from a homeschooling mom perspective - not to be afraid that I am not doing enough or doing it right and to not be discouraged. I also like that the verse begins with the positive reinforcement 'to be ...' and the 'do not....' comes second.
Thanks again Tiff - this has been the single most meaningful thing this year in my walk with Christ.