Saturday, May 2, 2009

Week #18: Proverbs 3:5-6

Week of May 3-May 9

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."
[Proverbs 3:5-6]


NOTE: The book of Proverbs doesn't read like any other book in the Bible. It is a series of "catchy" sayings that are intended to be easily remembered. So, if you feel like the author is jumping from one idea to the next, that's exactly what's happening! There are several major themes that are repeated in the Proverbs: wisdom, speech, work, purity and righteousness.

Here's a trivia question: what book in the New Testament is most like the book of Proverbs? It is a book with a variety of principles for practical Christian living.

3 comments:

The Porter Family said...

I realized this week that often times when I am familiar with a scripture and it is somewhat common, I do not soak in its meaning as much as I do less familiar passages. The truth is that these two verses truly touch where I am in my life right now and where our family is. Every night I have prayed verse 6 over my children.

Anonymous said...

To answer your trivia: The Letter of James

Am I correct?

Tiffany Daniels said...

Way to go, Joe!
The book of James is correct!
Tiffany